Saturday, July 30, 2011

Oxford University Press

I was walking past the Oxford University Press the other day when I decided that I should try to go in. I mean, how many times have I read books that I have to cite "Oxford University Press: Oxford"?


Turns out I couldn't go in, but the porter would let me in up to this fountain in the front gardens. As big as the building is and as fascinating it's history, the building's quite boring from outside. Large. Yellow. So I started talking to the porter:
Me: "Is this where all the printing happens?"
Porter: "I'm afraid not."
Me: "Oh. It's such a large building. Where does all the printing happen?"
Porter: "Ah all the printing is now done in China."


Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I've got hundreds of photographs, and no time to update (kids are tiring). I am on my way out of Oxford heading to Ireland in next couple of days. I don't know when I will have internet again but stay tuned second week of August. I'll keep working and post everything once I find some wi-fi.
Hugs from England. It's been a lovely summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment